cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration management tool

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

IS there any configuration management tool Cisco or other than Cisco that is SOX compliance? I like CiscoWorks but I think it is not SOX based.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mfreeman451
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco has the perfect tool for you, it is called the Cisco Compliance Manager I believe, or Network Compliance Manager (NCM)? It is an OEM version of Opsware NAS (www.opsware.com) and it has canned compliancy reports for ITIL, HIPPA, SOX, etc.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

spilkinton
Level 1
Level 1

Sox Compliance is having certain processes, procedures, control mechanisms, etc. in place.

One component of that could be configuration management system, another could be a central log file collection system.

Selecting a tool that will do changes and/or backups to your Cisco devices is the easy part. Making sure your 'Sox Compliant' with your particular item means:

1.) You have a 'process' (key word) in place for backing up your device configurations.

2.) You have a 'process' (again key word) for configuration audits.

3.) You have a Change Management 'process' (see where I'm going here) in place before any changes are done to your network.

This by no means is an exhaustive list - it is just a few points to get you started down the right path...

Scott

Scott

What tool is out there which will do the job? Any recomendation?

Thanks

I know at least one organisation where they use ciscoworks and maybe also some ticketing system and feel that this is sox compliant.

What do you think is lacking in ciscoworks to make it compliant?

Cheers,

Michel

mfreeman451
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco has the perfect tool for you, it is called the Cisco Compliance Manager I believe, or Network Compliance Manager (NCM)? It is an OEM version of Opsware NAS (www.opsware.com) and it has canned compliancy reports for ITIL, HIPPA, SOX, etc.

Thanks guys this is exactly I was looking for. Cisco works is good but it is not a SOX compliant and I think it is a SOX requirement that tools are used must by SOX compliant.

Thanks everyone.

I agree with spilkinton that SOX compliancy is more about the processes in place than the application itself. I have seen many customer's use CiscoWorks in a SOX compliant scenario.