Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure SMTP IP Address via CLI

jeeyishyuan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

Can I configure SMTP IP Address via CLI for LMS 3.1 Common Services 3.2?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Yi Shyuan

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As seen, the SMTP server is stored in regdaemon.xml, so technically, you can modify the value of the SMTPServerName property in that file. But this is very dangerous to do as corrupting regdaemon.xml can prevent all of LMS from working. It is best to modify the settings via the GUI.

Hi Joe,

My problem is when I modified the SMTP server IP Address via GUI, it stated the changes is applied successfully but the old entry remained in the GUI. I have posted the screen shots in doc for your info.

However, in the regdaemon.xml found in the NMS root folder, the SMTP Server has already been changed to the new one. But the e-mail notification for job alert is unable to be sent out.

Please advise. Thanks!

The problem is that the SMTPServerName property can get duplicated which leads to the issue you are seeing. However, it is not as simple as removing the property from regdaemon.xml. Care must be taken any time one modifies regdaemon as corrupting the file will break all of LMS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: