Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Configuring RV325 and WAP321 for guest network

I am trying to complete a wireless project for my local community center but am bumping into difficulties. I will try to properly explain what I am attempting to do. 

Our local community center has DSL line. I would like to provide them wireless and wired coverage. I have a RV325-K9-NA and two WAP321s. I would like to have workstations wired in and two SSIDs. One for staff members and one for guests. The guests should only have internet access. I am unsure how I can simultaniously have wireless traffic that can see the internal network and wireless traffic that cant. 

Thanks for your help.

Community Member

nick59007,The problem you are

The problem you are running into can simply be handled with Vlans (virtual local area networks).   The RV325 comes out of the box with vlan 1 (private), vlan 25 (public), vlan 100 (phones).  The issue you explain could be solved by placing your private (staff) network on the vlan 1 and public network on vlan 25 (access this by setting up the port managment - port membership).  

You will want to make sure that the DHCP is setup to 2 different networks (for example and

I think you are probably just wanting wireless clients to access the vlan 25 so you will set that up in the WAP under your radio networks (there is a vlan id field).  if you want staff to use wireless as well you can set that up too just add a second AP and assign it to the Vlan 1.

NOTE: WAP321 supports the captive portal which essentially allows you to have your public users accept a usage policy so you're not viable for the data consumed by the public users.

CreatePlease to create content