Views
Helpful
Replies

Conflicting with Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 110.0.6

aringanisation
Level 1
Level 1

hi ,

I am using windows server 2008 and lms 3.2 installed .every thing was working fine unitl I installed Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 110.0.6.

aftrer installation all the cisco services were failed to start.

when I tried to start ther Daemon Manager I was faced with this error :

The CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

please help me !!

8 Replies 8

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Cisco recommended not to SCAN the Cisco works directory with any ANTIVirus Installed on the server , You can Installed ANTI-virus on the server just make sure you have Excluded the CSCOpx Folder from the scanning.

There is already a bug being filed for ANTI virus called Sophos.

I hope above information will help.

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Dear Afroj

I did not scanned the LMS folder, just after installing the SEP, ciscoworks become disable to start its services

thank you

Hi,

As Michel suggested try to run the resetCauser.exe.

In addition  to it  First of all add the CASUSER as a member of Administrators Group then

run the resetCauser.exe again and check the issue again..

NMSROOT\bin>resetCasuser.exe

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

thomas_symantec
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like the SEP manager and the LMS 3.2 might have port conflicts.

See this Symantec KB for the list of ports used by SEP.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH163787&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1310681755196

I hope this helps,

Thomas

Dear Thomas,

Even it is due to port conflicting, what do you offer to do to face this kind of issue .

and I have to menttion that I checked the SEP ports and there is not even one conflicting port.

thank you

post the output of the following DOS commands:

set

systeminfo

Often when these services won't start the casuser account is damaged..

resetcasuser can repair these settings and maybe then the services will start again.

Cheers,

Michel

Did you install the SEP client on this server? If so, please see this Best Practice guide -

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH92440&locale=en_US

Best,

Thomas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: