cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting to switches

speedy231278
Level 1
Level 1

Firstly, apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place, and secondly apologies for probably asking a really dumb question!

I've inherited a network with 3 2950 series, a 3550 and 3560 which I want to use the CNA to manage. However, my predecessor neglected to leave behind any idea of their config. While I'm quite happy to reset them (I want to change their IP addresses anyway), I am slightly bothered by the fact that none of the documentation on configuring them seems to show anything about usernames. Whenever the CNA wants to connect to one of the switches, it always asks for the username and password, but at present I have no idea where the username is specified - the Express Setup only asks for a password to be specified.

Can someone please put me out of my misery - there's no point in resetting the things if I still can't access them afterwards!

1 Reply 1

derek.sizeland
Level 1
Level 1

Whether a username is needed or not depends on what authentication you are using. If you just have local passwords set on the switches, leave the username box empty. If you are using radius or tacacs for authentication, then you will also need the username.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco