Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Couple thing I have noticed in LMS 2.5.1

1. Within Topology Services is it possible to rename the switchClouds under Network Views>Lan Edge Views to something you prefer or is it set to revert back to its name once you renamed it.

2. Is it possible to reduce the size of teh Syslog Databases? The path is E:CSCOpx\databases\rmeng

I have three that are extremely huge, trying to figure out a way to reduce the size, Looked over documentation and searched Cisco.com running out of ideas. Any Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Couple thing I have noticed in LMS 2.5.1

1. I tried with LMS 2.6 and CM 4.0.9, but the same thing should work on CM 4.0.5. Make sure you are using a supported Java Plug-in version.

2. You need to open a TAC service request to get DBSpaceReclaimer. You can call them or use the web.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

1. You can rename the switch clouds by right-clicking on them, and selecting Rename. Once you rename the cloud, it should retain that name.

2. There is a class called DBSpaceReclaimer that is available by calling the TAC. This class will purge the syslog dataspaces.

Note: you really should consider upgrading to LMS 2.6 as there have been a lot of bug fixes in 2.6 especially regarding Campus Manager.

1. I tried that numerous times for some reason it doesn't like the name change.

2. So should I open up a TAC request or call them for faster response regarding DBSpaceReclaimer. We are currently looking into upgrading to LMS 3.0 just waiting on our CIO to sign-off on it. This should get rid of all the road blocks we have been encountering.

Cisco Employee

1. I tried with LMS 2.6 and CM 4.0.9, but the same thing should work on CM 4.0.5. Make sure you are using a supported Java Plug-in version.

2. You need to open a TAC service request to get DBSpaceReclaimer. You can call them or use the web.

1. I will re-verify the java plug-in i'm using i think it is Java 1.4.2 i'm not sure.

2. Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content