Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CPI 2.0 latest device pack (#30)

Is this by purpose or by mistake, but after updating latest device pack to CPI 2.0 all routers started report Partial Collection Failure.

Once I looked into message (stating that collection of OSPF information is missing - which is correct as I don't use OSPF) and then to inventory.log - which confirmed this:

[2014-04-01 15:20:29,235] [ICE Service[ 1]Thread: 7] [inventory] [ERROR] - A.B.C.D For device id: 3076073 Feature = feature_ospf and Procedure = procedure failed in time 0 with the following error and continuing with other features: com.cisco.nm.expression.function.FunctionException: Expression has not compiled sucessfully

[2014-04-01 15:20:29,235] [ICE Service[ 1]Thread: 7] [ice] [ERROR] - com.cisco.nm.expression.function.FunctionException: Expression has not compiled sucessfully
com.cisco.nm.expression.function.FunctionException: Expression has not compiled sucessfully
    at com.cisco.nm.expression.compiler.ErroredCompiledExpression.run(ErroredCompiledExpression.java:17)
    at com.cisco.nm.expression.ExpressionRunner.eval(ExpressionRunner.java:30)
    at com.cisco.nm.workflow.run.WorkflowExpressionRunner.eval(WorkflowExpressionRunner.java:39)
    at com.cisco.nm.workflow.steps.DeclareStep.run(DeclareStep.java:70)
    at com.cisco.nm.workflow.run.FlowStepContainerRunner.runSteps(FlowStepContainerRunner.java:115)
    at com.cisco.nm.workflow.run.FlowStepContainerRunner.runFlowNoConsoleEvents(FlowStepContainerRunner.java:65)
    at com.cisco.nm.workflow.run.WorkflowRunner.run(WorkflowRunner.java:45)
    at com.cisco.nm.workflow.function.workflow.WorkflowFunction.call(WorkflowFunction.java:47)
    at com.cisco.nm.runner.PackageRepositoryRunnerRequest.run(PackageRepositoryRunnerRequest.java:113)
    at com.cisco.nm.run.ThreadRunnerRequestRunnable.run(ThreadRunnerRequestRunnable.java:17)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.cisco.nm.run.ThreadPool$PooledThread.run(ThreadPool.java:60)

Why lacking of OSPF information in router can be this fatal???

Is there new ruleset associated to all routers in this device pack (pi_device_pack_4_update_2.0-30.ubf), which is not clearly mentioned in README file?? This is more or less frustrating situation - one problem got fixed and new introduced...

/Mikko

• Network Management
Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES

I have a similar issue, both

I have a similar issue, both my VG224 and C3925 ISR are showing the same Paritial Collection Failure due to OSPF missing...which is not configured on those boxes.

Mikko, have you logged a Cisco TAC Case for this?

Regards,

Greg.

Nope, decided to skip this

Nope, decided to skip this CPI 2.0 and stick with LMS 4.2 until CPI having feature parity with LMS comes available.

/Mikko

Fair enough.  I have to use

Fair enough.  I have to use CPI 2.0 for a deployment so I guess I'll be logging another case.

FYI, after an upgrade to PI

FYI, after an upgrade to PI v2.1 this issue has been resolved.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.