Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cpu and memory usage

I have syslog configured on routers and switches, and I have configured alerts on my syslog server. The alerts depends on the

context of the line in syslog message. Let say, if the line contains word UPDOWN, then a mail will be sent to me stating that on a particular router an interface is down.

I want to do the same with CPU usage and memory usage.Unfortunatelly I do not know the content of syslog message when the CPU or memory usage is to high. I need that content to create a rule on my syslog server.

Does anybody know?

• Network Management
1 REPLY
Blue

Re: Cpu and memory usage

If you know the SNMP OID for CPU/memory usage, you can configure RMON or mini-RMON to alert on these variables crossing certain thresholds.

According to this link below, you can practically customize the text of RMON alerts before sending them to syslog and/or SNMP trap receiver:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk961/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094478.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.