cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create logrot error after upgrade to LMS 3.0.1

riko.arizona
Level 1
Level 1

I used LMS 3.0(Windows), I can create logrot. But after I upgrade to LMS 3.0.1, I can't create logrot.

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like your Perl executable may be bad. What is the byte size of NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe? What is the output of NMSROOT\bin\perl -V?

The size of NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe is 21 KB. Please see attached For the output of NMSROOT\bin\perl -V

The size of NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe is 21 KB. Please see attached For the output of NMSROOT\bin\perl -V

Try unsetting PERL5LIB before running the logrot.pl command:

SET PERL5LIB=

F:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl.exe F:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\logrot.pl -c

Also, check the size of logrot.pl. It should be 38,777 bytes in LMS 3.0.1.

The size of logrot.pl is 0 KB. After SET PERL5LIB, i still can't run logrot

That's why. Your logrot.pl has been corrupted. You need to either restore this file from a file system backup, or reinstall Common Services.

How to reinstall Common Service? I try to uninstall but it can't. I try to download CommonService, but I can't find.

Insert the LMS DVD, then choose Common Services to reinstall.

I want to reinstall CS only. If I click Next, is it will reinstall all? Please see attached

This is the LMS 3.0.1 update. This is not sufficient. You need to reinstall CS 3.0. That will not be easy if you have already applied LMS 3.0.1. You should work with TAC to reinstall Common Services, or reinstall all of LMS from scratch, then restore a current data backup.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: