cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Credential Checks with 3.1

adam.pierce
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying to implement CW 3.1 and after the initial discovery I went back through the device list to clean out any irrelevant data. Currently I have done a credential report that has given me 5 out of 200+ similar devices having the wrong snmp rw string and the wrong enable ssh password. After verifying the credentials were correct on the devices I updated the credentials on the 5 devices to ensure no typos had occurred, but this still returned the same errors in the credential report. After trying this several times I have even removed a device and re-added it with the same results. Does anyone know if there is a certain way to edit/add credentials that I am over-looking? Or anyone had a similar problem?

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This could indicate a device bug, or some issue with ACLs. Pick one such failing device. What type of device is it? What version of code is it running? How did you verify the credentials were correct?

To troubleshoot further, perform a Device Credential Verification job to this device while running a packet capture filtering on all udp/161 and tcp/22 traffic to this device. The problems with the RW community string should be clearly visible in the trace. There may also be some SSH information that can be ascertained as well.

Additionally, if you enable Device Credential Verification Jobs debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Application Loglevel Settings, the job log may have additional information as to why the operation failed.