I have been trying to implement CW 3.1 and after the initial discovery I went back through the device list to clean out any irrelevant data. Currently I have done a credential report that has given me 5 out of 200+ similar devices having the wrong snmp rw string and the wrong enable ssh password. After verifying the credentials were correct on the devices I updated the credentials on the 5 devices to ensure no typos had occurred, but this still returned the same errors in the credential report. After trying this several times I have even removed a device and re-added it with the same results. Does anyone know if there is a certain way to edit/add credentials that I am over-looking? Or anyone had a similar problem?
This could indicate a device bug, or some issue with ACLs. Pick one such failing device. What type of device is it? What version of code is it running? How did you verify the credentials were correct?
To troubleshoot further, perform a Device Credential Verification job to this device while running a packet capture filtering on all udp/161 and tcp/22 traffic to this device. The problems with the RW community string should be clearly visible in the trace. There may also be some SSH information that can be ascertained as well.
Additionally, if you enable Device Credential Verification Jobs debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Application Loglevel Settings, the job log may have additional information as to why the operation failed.
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...