Views
Helpful
Replies

CRMtftp errors in Windows event log

Jeff Law
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are running LMS 2.6 on a WIndows 2003 server.

I have noticed that we are occasionly getting errors appearing in the Windows event log saying:

D:\CSCOpx\tftpboot\20061103050700787-10.49.192.2.cfg failed. The system cannot find the file specified. (2)

The date and time change, and there are several different IP addresses appearing. We have hundreds of devices, and there are probably only a dozen different IP addresses appearing.

Can someone point me in the direction of wher to start looking at what is causing these please.

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is most likely due to RME trying to do SNMP-triggered TFTP collection of device configuration. Typically, RME creates an empty file in the tftpboot directory, then issues the SNMP SETs to trigger a TFTP write request from the device. If all goes well, the device TFTPs its config, RME archives that config, then deletes the tftpboot file.

The fact that you get these errors sporadically, and not from all devices makes me think there is a timeout issue trying to fetch the configs from those devices. That is, RME sets up the tftpboot file, issues the SETs, but the device does not send the config in the specified amount of time; and thus RME considers the transaction a failure, and deletes the tftpboot file.

You might try increasing the TFTP timeout under RME > Admin > System Preferences > RME Device Attributes and see if that helps.

Thanks for your response. It all sounds very possible. I will investigate along these lines.

Jeff,

We're getting some of these errors also. Did Joe's idea work for you?

SteveK.

PS. How about an Aussie/Kiwi World Cup final? It's on the cards.

To be honest, I didnt try as we were having one or two other issues regarding some of our devices, and then something else came up, and then something else....

I will be getting back to this shortly. Only one person, so many things to do, so little time....

PS Well, we all know know what happened there :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: