I have issues with the CSDiscovery process in Common Services 3.3 running on Windows Server 2003
It seems that somehow the process ignores what i have configured as discovery settings
All that i have configured i can see it's stored in the CSDiscovery-config.xml file (attached) but discovery start and stops imeediately and does not discover a single device. Also it look strange for me that the information on the summary page (screenshot attached) does not correspond to the one in the CSDiscovery-config.xml file
I cannot download your CSDiscovery-config.xml file. You should post such files in zip format.
You should note that Discovery maintains multiple copies of this file. The file under NMSROOT/conf/csdiscovery is the one used for ad hoc discoveries. When you schedule a Discovery job, the current settings are copied to the job. However, when you modify the Discovery settings later on, the job config is not changed. Therefore, just to make sure we're on the same page, adjust the Discovery settings to your liking in the GUI, then delete all currently scheduled Discovery jobs. Then start a new Discovery, and see if it does what you want.
I have attached the configuration file as zip. It is exactly the file from NMSROOT/conf/csdiscovery. Also i don't schedule the discovery job, but execute it right after configuring the settings. That is, I take the discovery settings configuration wizard an then start a discovery job immediately. I wonder why at the summary page the seetings are not the same as the settings in the config file?
From what I can tell the settings are absolutely the same. The screenshot you attached agrees exactly with what is in this config file.
In the config file I can see that "UseDefaultCredentials" value is set to Default (which is the profile i use for discovery), but looking at the screenshot i find the line "Select a Default Credential Set: No Default"
Also, in the config file it is set UseDCRAsSeedList = false, but at the screenshot i see "Use DCR as Seed List: Yes"
What about "Preferred DCR Dipslay Name"? In the config file it is set to "dnsname" and at the screenshot it is shown as "IPAddress"
If you say that they are exactly the same ok, but to me they look just the opposite...maybe i don't get it right
The credential set row is expected given the code changes than went into LMS 3.2. However, I believe your screen is reflecting some old LMS 3.1. information. Try doing the following:
* Shutdown Daemon Manager
* Delete all files and directories under NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/work/Standalone/localhost
* Restart Daemon Manager
See if the summary screen changes..
I deleted all files and directories under NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/work/Standalone/localhost and restarted the Daemon Manager, but nothing changed.
I still see the same screen for the summary settings, with different settings from what I've configured for discovery.
Anyway I started a discovery process with preffered dispaly name set to FQDN, and in the report of reachable devices i can see that the FDQN of the devices is present, but afterall in DCR they are added with the IP address as a display name.
Here are the new config file and the new screenshot attached
There is no systemic bug here as I cannot reproduce. Post the list of contents under NMSROOT/conf/csdiscovery as well as the system-config.xml.
Here it is the content of csdiscovery directory:
Directory of C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\conf\csdiscovery
12/08/2009 10:05 AM
system-config.xml is attached
I see nothing wrong with these settings, and I cannot reproduce any problems with discovery settings summary or discovery itself. Your problem could be browser-cache related, I suppose, but that's probably doubtful. You can try viewing the discovery settings from a new client. If the problem persists, I suggest you open a TAC service request so more analysis can be done.
I have tried to configure the settings for discovery from another client browser but i got into the same situation.
Thank you for your help