Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM 3.2 403 Forbidden Access

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

All,

This is an oldie but a goodie. Just to let you know I have reviewed old posts in the forum before I decided to repost this query. I have tried in vain with all the suggested fixes for the glitches and for Cisco Bug ID: CSCSo59571.

I am installing this on a VMWare machine which has 3 gigs of RAM allocated.

I am ultimately able to get it to work but when the box is rebooted the services

need to be restarted and I receive the same old permissions error when I try to logon.

My question is whether all the services are supposed to uninstall. I look in the Registry after removing the software on the machine and see the following:

Cisco Security Manager database engine

C:\CSCOpx\objects\db\win32\dbsrv10.exe -hvvmsDbEngine

CWCS Cmf database engine

C:\CSCOpx\objects\db\win32\dbsrv10.exe -hvCmfDbEngine

Cisco Security Manager AUS database engine

C:\CSCOpx\objects\db\win32\dbsrv10.exe -hvAusDbEngine

I'll post whatever screen shots people request, after I re-install.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't support CSM, but typically when I see a LiaisonServlet error in LMS, this is caused by someone changing the service startup parameters. Have you modified any of the service startup parameters, and changed them from Manual to Automatic? If so, revert these changes, and reboot.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the response. I had read this in some of your previouse posts and will keep an eye on this.

Just finished re-installing the CSM and it is working fine. We are now going to reboot the server and see if we can isolate the problem.

I'll keep the forum posted on my progress.

Thanks,

Paul

I am receiving the same message:

Not quite sure if anyone changed any of the startup parameters. Would you have a list of which services are started automatically and which are set to manual

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the

Please start a new thread for your issue.

To provide some closure on my issue.

We took the server we were installing CSM on out of the Group Policy of AD. The policy was changing the password and thus producing the error message.

Once this was completed the installation has continued to function smoothly.