Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM 3.3.1 OS Management Issue

thomas.busse
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

we are trying to use CSM 3.3.1 for central IOS Update on several ASA Firewalls. But wenn we try to go to "Tools --> Device OS Management --> Software Distribution" we get the following Error. (See attached File)

My Question is, what else besides the CSM 3.3.1 do we need to distribute software over the CSM 3.3.1?

Thanks for any advice.

Best regards,

Thomas

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CSM generally has RME built into its installation under the covers. Among other things, it's relied on for the software updating (Automated Update Server or AUS feature) and is a choice at installation time. It sounds as if yours might not have been setup with that option.

Are you are aware that CSM 3.3.1 is an end of sales version and will not support current ASA firewall software? Upgrading to ASA 8.3 or later requires you to use CSM 4.x (4.4 is the current release). Reference.

Hello Marvin,

thank you for your reply. I'm running an Eval-Version of CSM 3.3.1 in my VMWare, because our customer just ran into the same error that I got, maybe the Eval-Version is missing that AUS feature?

I'll reinstall CSM again, to see if I have missed something during the installation proccess.

regards,

Thomas

The CSM evaluation version has all features of the licensed version; only it is device count- and time-limited.

In 3.3, the RME installation is a separate step and not integrated into the overall setup program (this changes in 4.x). See the installation guide "Installing Resource Manager Essentials" section here.