cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM question

mksingh79
Level 1
Level 1

NOTE:not sure if this is the right place to ask questions about CSM.

Question1:

my application is a multi tier application with clients sending requests to servers via a CSM cloud. Now on a typical client i actually mention the CSM address and the "PORT" of the server tho which the request will be routed, in an ini file. the CSM on receiving the request routes it to the same "PORT" of the server. Now we want to implement two instances of the same service on the server running at different ports. so now the server can receive same request at two different ports. my question is, without making changes to the client can i configure CSM to load balance between these two ports on the server? remember the client will still send the request to one port but i need the CSM to route the request either to the same port or the second (new) port on the server.

Question2:

i am new to the application and was told by one of the network engineers here that what they have seen in the past is that if my server has two services running at different ports, both load balanced using the CSM, and if while port probing the CSM did not get a response back from one port(service), it shuts down connection to both the services. Is this possible and if yes is there a way out of it?

thanks

1 Reply 1

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

Refer to the document on Configuring Content Switching Module for Server Load Balancing and Direct Access to Real Servers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2706/products_configuration_example09186a00801a51ba.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: