Views
Helpful
Replies

CTMJrmServer waiting to initialize after changing LMS server name

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we installed a LMS 3.0.1 on a Windows 2003 Server and we changed its name last week. We followed the steps for changing the name to a server but the CTMJrmServer process doesn't start, its state is "Waiting to initialize".

These are the error messages in the log file:

CTMJrmServer: initializing daemon manager

CTMJrmServer: initialized daemon manager

[ Thu Jun 05 12:06:15 CEST 2008 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.util.logger.ServiceLogLevelChanger,notifyLevelChange,35,publishing urn for jrmw-log

[ Thu Jun 05 12:06:16 CEST 2008 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.util.logger.ServiceLogLevelChanger,notifyLevelChange,42,published urn as jrmw-log-RMELogLevelChange

[ Thu Jun 05 12:07:15 CEST 2008 ],FATAL,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.JobManagerExt,getJRM,139,getJRM:Can't bind to JrmServiceManager. giving up and exiting.

[ Thu Jun 05 12:07:15 CEST 2008 ],ERROR,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.CTMJobManagerServer,<init>,66,Null JRM. Exiting

What can we do for repairing it?

Many thanks.

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By following the steps, you ran the NMSROOT/bin/hostnamechange.pl script? If so, what OS is this?

No, sorry, I followed the steps that figure in the document that I attach.

The OS is Windows 2003 Server.

If now I run this hostnamechange.pl script, would it run OK?

Thanks.

It should, yes.

OK, thank you very much!! I'm going to try it and I will told you if I've got success!

Sorry Joe, there is no hostnamechange.pl script in our server. It doesn't exist in NMSROOT/bin nor in any other directory.

Where can I find this script?

That's bad, then. You said you have LMS 3.0.1, and that script has been included since LMS 3.0. Something must have gone wrong with your installation, or someone has deleted some files since.

Sorry!!! I mixed up, sorry for the mistake.

The LMS version is 2.6.

Is it possible to use this 3.0.1 script in the 2.6 version? If not, how can I fix the problem?

Thanks.

To fix this in LMS 2.6, you need to go into regedit, and fix the hostname in the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cisco\Resource Manager\CurrentVersion\Daemons\CTMJrmServer key. After that, restart dmgtd.

Fixed it!

Thank you very much and sorry for the mistake.

Hello !

I have the same problem, this is my CTMJrmServer.log :

CTMJrmServer: initializing daemon manager

CTMJrmServer: initialized daemon manager

[ Mon Oct 06 11:07:58 WAT 2008 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.util.logger.ServiceLogLevelChanger,notifyLevelChange,35,publishing urn for jrmw-log

[ Mon Oct 06 11:07:58 WAT 2008 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.util.logger.ServiceLogLevelChanger,notifyLevelChange,42,published urn as jrmw-log-RMELogLevelChange

[ Mon Oct 06 11:09:24 WAT 2008 ],FATAL,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.JobManagerExt,getJRM,139,getJRM:Can't bind to JrmServiceManager. giving up and exiting.

[ Mon Oct 06 11:09:24 WAT 2008 ],ERROR,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.CTMJobManagerServer,,66,Null JRM. Exiting

Before it works well. I haven't change the server name. LMS version is 3.0.1. I look at registry but I don't see anything wrong.

Thanks for your help !

Florian

Please start a new thread for your problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: