cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVDM 6500 - demo mode?

aobszynski
Level 1
Level 1

The CiscoView Device Manager (CVDM) can be used inside normal web server or even from local drive. But software trying to connect to service modules.

Is there any idea how to run this software on some PC/web server just to be able to demonstrate options, menus and gives customer ability to play w/o hardware installed?

3 Replies 3

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

The original posting appears to be searching for a stand alone demo for CVDM.

The product as shipped requires it be installed on live hardware. There is no provision for a demo mode. A demo would have to be specifically created by Cisco using Flash or some such web technology to makes screens appear to behave as they would on a live system.

If a demo is really really desired, I would suggest contacting your account team if you dont't have a spare or lab Catalyst on which to run it. Most sales offices have some lab equipment or, alternatively, your account manager may be able to get a loaner chassis with cards to use for evaluation.

Hope this helps, please rate the post if it does.

Thanks for reply i know the Demo Depot or local lab options but sometime i will prvide nice presales tool to be able to give customer ability to "click out" all options to see how it works.

Some time ago i sow sime kind of movies recorded by Lotus Screen CAM related to some of CiscoWorks functions.

Nice will be future support for "demo" switch which gives ability to check solutions w/o need to lunch big boxes for that. 8-)