Views
Helpful
Replies

CView Device Package - Rtr 3800

keshavahp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Initially i was not able to add the Cisco Router 2800 & 3800 under the Device & Credentials > Device Management. In the Select the Device Type database these router were not displayed. I installed the Service Pack CS 3.0.2 from 3.0 and REM 4.0.2 from 4.0. After installing the Service Pack, i am able to view the 2800 & 3800 series routers in the Select the Device Type under Device Management, and sucessfully configure the SNMPv3 RW access for 3825 router. But not able to view the Chassis under Cisco View 6.1 for the 3825 router. It pops up an error; *

Can't find applicable device package for 128.200.199.149.*

I have also installed the Cisco View Device Package for Router 3800, downloaded from CView Planner site. But still no progress.

SNMP config on the router:

snmp-server group BELCommunity v3 auth write BELView notify *tv.FFFFFFFF.FFFFFFF

F.FFFFFFFF0F

snmp-server view BELView mib-2 included

snmp-server view BELView products.543 included

snmp-server community private RW

snmp-server enable traps snmp linkdown linkup

snmp-server enable traps syslog

snmp-server host 128.200.199.199 inform version 3 auth BELTest1

Can any one help me, in solving this casee.

Regards,

Keshava Raju

HP India.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Tell me, you used the GUI from the LMS to upgrade software. I mean, you used the CS -> Software upgrade ?? and next you upgraded the CiscoView.. you choose the directory where the two packages (NGMARShare.cv50.v1-1.zip) and the (Rtr3800.cv50.v8-0.zip) the two files have to be in the directory. you started with the first.

You have to pay attension, after upgrading the first one you have to wait for more than 5 minutes, the time for the CiscoWorks Deamon to reload all services, than you do the second.

please, tell me if that the right steps you followed??

PLEASE RATE IF THAT HELP

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

The current version of Common Services is 3.0.5 and Ciscoview is 6.1.5.

Have you installed all of the MDF and IDU's ?

MDFs and IDUs is how Cisco adds support for new devices. Current MDF version for 2.6 is 1.21

If you go into Common Services, Software Center and Device update you can click on the product name and it will show you whats installed.

For Ciscoview the current version is 8.0 for both 2800 and 3800's.

Hi Mr. Andy,

Many thanks for your responce to my query.

I have installed the Common Services 3.0.4 which upgraded the ciscoview from 6.1 to 6.1.2. I downloaded the CS 3.0.4 from the site http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-cd-one , but CS 3.0.5 is not found here in this list.

Can you please guide me on ho to download the CS 3.0.5 and CiscoView 8.0

However i can see the Devices Router 2800 & 3800 under Common Services>Software Center>Device Update>CiscoView 6.1.2.

Hello,

The problem you have to show the router on CiscoView is not to update, but to download the package. to do so, you need to have CCO privilage to do that.

Go to this link, you chose the version of CView and then download the package.

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Software/CiscoView/cvplanner.cgi

or go to :

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/CiscoView/cvplanner.cgi

Remember, don't need to upgrade from 6.1 to 6.1.2 but you have to download the following files:

NGMARShare.cv50.v1-1.zip

Rtr3800.cv50.v8-0.zip

Do the first before, and use the Web interface to upgrade.

This on can help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_ciscoview/6.1.5/user/guide/ug_7.html

PLEASE RATE IF THAT HELP

Hi Mr. Omar,

I installed the above said patch and the Device Package. But still, CView do not display the Router View. I am not able to view the Router under Mini RMON aswell.

Regards,

Keshav

Hello,

Tell me, you used the GUI from the LMS to upgrade software. I mean, you used the CS -> Software upgrade ?? and next you upgraded the CiscoView.. you choose the directory where the two packages (NGMARShare.cv50.v1-1.zip) and the (Rtr3800.cv50.v8-0.zip) the two files have to be in the directory. you started with the first.

You have to pay attension, after upgrading the first one you have to wait for more than 5 minutes, the time for the CiscoWorks Deamon to reload all services, than you do the second.

please, tell me if that the right steps you followed??

PLEASE RATE IF THAT HELP

Mr. Omar,

Thank you very much. I had installed the CView 3800 package first (Rtr3800.cv50.v8-0.zip) and then installed the NGMARShare.cv50.v1-1.zip.

Uninstalled the 3800 package and reinstalled the package. It is working absolutely fine...

Regards,

Keshava Raju.

keshava-p.raju@hp.com

Can you enable CiscoView debugs to see what is happening in the background?

I noticed from your config that you don't have an snmp RO comm string which CiscoView needs...do you have this configured?

Also, minirmon will not work with you 3800...not a supported device

About Minirom, I didn't use it before.

But about CiscoView Packages, you follow the steps that I told you.

You can monitor services using the Services availible on Windows and refresh if each few seconds.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: