cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW backup fails - unable to create backup.LOCK

kviola1
Level 1
Level 1

I am running LMS 2.5.1 and LMS 2.6 on 2 Solaris 9 systems. /var/adm/CSCOpx is running low on space. Created filesystem /backup to hold CW backups and set link (ln -s /var/adm/CSCOpx/backup /backup) to redirect backups. Permissions are 777 with owner casuser, group casusers on the target directory but get error:

Backup failed. Reason is ERROR(297): Cannot create LOCK file:/backup.LOCK. Please look into /var/adm/CSCOpx/log/dbbackup.log. for more details.

log notes: opendir(/var/tmp/backup//../..): Permission denied at /opt/CSCOpx/bin/backup.pl line 274

ERROR(297): Cannot create LOCK file:/backup.LOCK

Backup failed: 2007/04/04 09:12:47

Without link, backup runs fine and dumps backup to /var/adm/CSCOpx/backup. How can I redirect backup to another filesystem?

Any help appreciated. Thanks, Ken.

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Forget the symlink. You can choose to write the backups wherever you want. I assume you've scheduled regular automated backups through the GUI. In that case, go to Common Services > Server > Admin > Backup, and siable the current backup schedule. Then reschedule your backups to write into the new /backup file system. Just make sure the permissions on the underlying mount point (i.e. the /backup directory when the /backup file system is NOT mounted) are 0755.

Thanks Joe. I think my nose must be too long and I can't see under it or my filesystems. :-)