cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW Common Services SP4 and jre 1.4.2_10

ppoiron
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed the latest patch on Common Services 3.0 which is Service Pack4 (cwcs3_0_4).

The installation is successful but when I try to launch topology services on the LMS console, the installation of the jre 1.4.2_10 begins but fails with the following message:

This application requests to be run under Java 2 Runtime Environment.

Please Close all browser windows first, then relaunch this application again and

install the Java 2 Runtime Environment.

After that, this application will restart and continue to run.

It is recommended that you restart the client machine before using the application.

I tried to close and reopen it and it loops on the same message again.

ActiveX are allowed on IE.

If I connect on the LMS with a client, the jre is installing correctly.

So, the issue is on the LMS station itself.

Does anybody aware of this issue ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Patrice

13 Replies 13

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

Try installing the java plug-in by double clicking on the j2re-1_4_2_10 file in CSCOpx\htdocs\plugin

See if that helps.

Thanks, but I already tried it without success.

Do you know if there are logs where I should find something interesting ?

There can be other reasons for this.

To always resolve the issue you should manually uninstall the java's that are present (this can affect other applications)

After than I always run my registry cleaner to delete any references to the uninstalled java that may remain in the registry.

Next try the j2re-1_4_2_10 file in CSCOpx\htdocs\plugin again

Good luck

Michel

Thanks. I will try this as soon as possible.

Patrice

After deleting jre, cleaning the registry and reinstalling it, the issue is always the same.

At the end of the installation, a DOS box is opening but it's to quick to capture it.

Has anybody installed the latest Service Pack4 on Common Services and encountered this kind of issue ?

Patrice

I know there are some problems caused by insufficient rights on the machine.

Try the install as a local administrator

Regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Thanks for your suggestion. Effectively, previously, I have thought of that kind of issue with insufficient rights. That's why I already tried to install it with the local administrator but without success.

Regards,

Patrice

It's most likely related to your PC then, if not it can also be related to a policy that gets imposed on your computer.

Do you have this on multiple clients?

Michel

Just to be 100% sure

This is the file you install, the j2re-1_4_2_10-windows-i586-p_withvbj.exe after having downloaded it.

I suggest you download it first yourself to the local drive of the clientmachine and then install it. Find it here:

http://ciscoworks:1741/plugin/j2re-1_4_2_10-windows-i586-p_withvbj.exe

or here

/CSCOpx/htdocs/plugin

Actually I think what you see in the dos box is that it tries to copy a file called vbjorb.jar into C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_10\lib\endorsed

You may wish to verify it has managed to do this

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel,

The problem is only localized on the LMS station. When I connect to the CiscoWorks application from a client PC, the new plugin is loaded and installed successfully.

On the LMS,I effectively tried to install the plugin

by clicking directly on the .exe from the plugin directory.

The installation does not create the C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_10 directory as it does with the previous 1.4.2_08 plugin.

This morning, I will try to create it manually and to retry the installation.

Cheers,

Patrice

Michel,

I have installed the plugin 1.4.2_10 coming from the SUN site.

The installation is successful and I can launch Topology Services on the station itself.

The difference between the sun and the ciscoworks plugins is the sun does not have endorsed directory with vbjorb.jar file.

Do you know then role of this file in Campus Manager application ?

Cheers,

Patrice

It looks like you actually might be hitting a problem with relation to the vbjorb.jar -- CSCsb39085

In this DDTS you need to take the vbjorb.jar and copy it to the clients as a workaround to get Topo Services to launch

I saw this CSC and the DDTS in the bugtoolkit. But, my problem is located on the LMS platform after installing the Common Services Service Pack4.

It seems that it couldn't install the C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_10 directory. I have already the j2re1.4.2_08 coming with CS Service Pack3 (LMS 2.5.1).

So, I don't know how to get the vbjorb.jar file because the plugin installation aborts during vbjorb.jar extraction.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: