cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW Config Archival

wrightbill
Level 1
Level 1

I have "inherited" CW and I am trying get all the config's into the archive. The status report that I was working with said that there were 209 devices, which none were successful. I re-entered our username and password and the snmp info. and now under "Config Archival Status," there are 89 Successful and 120 failed.

When I check the Rediscover/Delete devices, I have 35 devices that fall under "SNMP timeout." Any suggestions on where to look next to get all the device config's backed-up?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're going to need to fix the snmp issue in order to get the configs archived. I would suggest editing your device attributes and making sure the RO and RW comm strings are both correct. You can also use check device credentials to make sure what you have in the DCR matches that of the device.

You can also enable a packet capture during sync archive to see what it is returning in the snmp packet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: