Views
Helpful
Replies

CW LMS 2.6 CISCO VIEW

mario.tello
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody

The CW found discovered automatic devices, but some devices wasn't discover, then I added this devices manually. I have this problem, when I use the cisco view, some devices can't be management and send me the follow message:

Can't find applicable device package for x.x.x.x

Cause

Device package for this device type is not installed or device support for this device type might not be available or you are attempting to open a component inside a device.

Action

Please install a device package for the device type or open the parent device to manage the component.

I don't undertand this message, can somebody help me for resolve this problem? I need management my devices,

I'll appreciate all the help I can get...

1 Reply 1

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

look at this thread to find out how to update the device packages for Cisco View:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&topicID=.ee71a02&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cbf30b7

you will need a CCO login to download the device packages.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: