I am having some problems as given below. pl suggest.
1.In RME inventory, SFP(zx,sx,lx) Sr. No. are not captured.
2.can we have custom defined description (subject not events) in notification email for DFM alerts?
3.Can we exclude some switches from CM UT discovery?
4.can we have O&M checklist / error generation autometically & send it through Mail.
5.is IPM Alert forwarding with customization possible?
6.How to configure IPM for ICMP Jitter.
7.can we exclude some/few port(s) of a device from CM UT acquisition
8.How to monitor VRF Lite interfaces?
9.How to uninstall patches / upgrades from CW.
10.What are Major and Minor acquisition.
Solved! Go to Solution.
1. Support for serial numbers for interfaces is not yet available in RME. This is bug CSCsz48654.
2. Support for customizing DFM email subjects is available in DFM 3.2 which is part of LMS 3.2.
3. You can setup Campus Data Collection filters under Campus Manager > Administration > Data Collection > Mode and Policy Settings.
4. I don't understand what you're looking for here.
5. What kind of customization do you want?
6. You should probably start a separate thread for help on IPM.
7. You can't.
8. Support for VRF lite was added in LMS 3.2.
9. It depends on the patch. Typically point patches can be uninstalled by packing out to the original versions of the files that were backed up when the patch was installed. Service packs cannot typically be uninstalled.
10. Major acquisition fetches end hosts for all switches where as minor acquisition fetches end hosts from switches were were reported as to have changed in the last Data Collection or polling cycle.
4. what i am looking for is automation via CW. Actually i do a lot of manual tasks everyday. like ping to end hosts and devices to see that its reachable. therefore i wnat those to be automated and sent the reports via mail etc.
5. like customised traps for snmp, syslogs and IPM tombe sent to diferent server.
DFM periodically checks devices for reachability using ICMP and SNMP probes. If a device goes unreeachable, then you can configure an email to be sent. This is done under DFM > Notification Services. Define a Notification Group, and check the boxes for events. Then configure an email subscription for that group.
You can use IPM to configure a device to send rttMonNotification traps when various IP SLA conditions occur. This is done when defining the IP SLA operation in IPM.
right. the DFM alerts are there but only for the devices. but what if i need to do the same for some servers. like i have some critical servers. that i need to ping. is it possible.
Not directly, no. IPM can configure your devices to perform IP SLA operations (e.g. ICMP pings) to your servers. Then you can report on the latency of those pings. DFM does not, however, generate notifications or pings itself.
is there any specific command to be put in the devices for performing the IP SLA operation (eg. ICMP ping) to the servers.
i am having some problems regarding the minor and major aquisition. See i haven't changed anything like snmp configurations on my devices since i installed CW 3.1. But still it seems that minor acquisition is running every 60 mins. major is configured for twice a day at 0900 and 1500 hr.
but i dont seem to understand the working. could you please make me understand.