Helpful
Replies

CW LMS - Syslogs and DFM problems

agipkcolon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi gents

I have the following problem:

we've got CW LMS 2.6, RME 4.0.6, DFM 2.0.11.

Today I occassionaly noticed that CW doesn't have any received syslog messaged for one 3750 switch. I checked the switch and tested sending syslog messages to another syslog server - everything fine.

At the same time CW has syslog messages for all other devices.

I checked credentials for problem devices - fine, checked system configuration archive - ok, but if I try to get Fault History report for this switch in DFM I receive the following error:

"Cannot generate Fault History display.

User has no access to the device."

So, there is something incorrect configured at my server. any idea?

Thanks you,

19 Replies 19

here you are, Joe

Sep 19 10:36:12 10.191.88.38 3660: Sep 19 10:35:26 KZ: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by admin on vty0 (10.191.104.187)

but strange thing - I can see now this syslog message in CW. But before restarting both processes there was nothing.

Yeah, it looks okay in the log. If the problem happens again, you'll know what to collect.

Joe, thanks a lot for helping.

The only thing that I did this morning is deleted and created that device again.

Probably after restarting syslog collector and analyzer processes problem was fixed.

But I have at least 5 more devices that I know have the same problem.

Will we go the whole troubleshooting process again?

I will try to recreate one more problem device, restart processes and check if the problem is fixed.

Yes, you have to first verify the messages are making it to the server, then you need to check the SyslogCollector.log to make sure they're being processed correctly.

Thanks a lot for you support, Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: