Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CW2K RME DB access failed

Hi,

After logging into the CW2K web interface, I clicked on the Software Mgmt menu on the side of RME, but I am getting an error

"EXCP0006: Connection to RME DB Failed. Check the RME DB status."

I am not able to understand what went wrong?

Can anyone please let me know about the troubleshooting steps and also any such guides like "how to log on to RME DB?" and other details.

Thanks,

Arun

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: CW2K RME DB access failed

Please post the output of pdshow and the list of contents of NMSROOT/databases/rmeng.

Please find the attachment for the required outputs

1)pdshow

2)contents of NMSROOT/databases/rmeng

Cisco Employee

The RME database is down. Given the states or the other, dependent processes, it appears the RME database has become corrupt. To recover from this, you must either restore LMS from a known good backup, or reinitialize the RME database.

To reinitialize the RME database, shutdown dmgtd, then run:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME

Then restart dmgtd.

Hi,

I did the following steps and now the error is not occuring

/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop &

/etc/init.d/dmgtd start

I hope the DB problem was resolved.

We wanted to connect to the CW2K database (i.e RME) to fetch the Network Inventory details. Hence the DB password was changed since the default was not working. After resetting it, now the CW2K does not brings the RME though we can connect to the DB from backend.

The above problem was resolved.

Though we have developed the Scripts to fetch the data from RME and verified working, we would like to verify the result thru the application, so that we can confirm it is correct and complete. But as the server did not bring the RME application, so we are struck now.

Unfortunately, the RME in development server is not complete. I mean that there are no connectivity details, which is much interested for us to analyse and develop the scripts for connectivity information. Hence we wanted to have a access to production, but the password issue is there as well. However, accessing and analysing in Production has some concerns. So we need to have the production dump in development server to further analyse since it has the entire data.

However, as I have recently worked on the RME (i.e network inventory) database which is stored in a file, if we move the DB file (i.e /opt/CSCOpx/databases/rmeng/rmeng.db) in binary format to development environment, can we succeed.

Please let me know how can we have the Production environment dump into Genesis server.So that we can do any sort of testing in our test servers before implementing to the production.

Thanks,

Arun

Cisco Employee

Direct access to the RME database is not supported, and this could have caused the corruption in the first place. If you want to migrate data from one server to another, and the servers are on the same platform, you can take a backup from one server using /opt/CSCOpx/bin/backup.pl, and restore it to the other using /opt/CSCOpx/bin/restorebackup.pl. That is a supported procedure.

If you want to safely access RME inventory data outside of LMS, consider using the /opt/CSCOpx/bin/cwcli command with its various arguments. This can make inventory data available in XML format which can be crafted into whatever format your other application may need.

Views
Helpful
Replies