cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWSI folder & ANIServer.properties Missing - HELP!

chharris41
Level 1
Level 1

I had to reboot our server yesterday and then could not open topology services in CM, it says ANIServer is not started as well as WlseUHIC. I looked in the ANIServer.log file and I see this repeatedly:

MESSAGE AniMain: Properties will be read from C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi\ANIServer.properties

Failed to open properties file: C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi\ANIServer.properties

I navigated to C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\campus\etc and the only directory there is "users", I do not see a CWSI folder and thus no ANIServer.properties file. Could this have gotten wiped out somehow?? Im stumped, tried restarting daemons, etc and also tried starting ANIServer from inside CW process management - no luck. I have a backup from 1/13, would a restore fix this?? Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is very bad. I've never seen this directory deleted. If you have a backup, you can restore that backup, but some files will still be missing (as they are installed as part of the application). Your best bet is to reinstall and repatch Campus Manager, then restore your backup to restore your settings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: