cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWW SNMS Configuration Archive failure

gbonivento
Level 1
Level 1

Configuration Archive feature of RME 3.5 (module of my CWW SNMS 1.5) doesn't work.

Each time I want to check the service with the 'Essential -> Configuration Management -> UPdate Archive' menu option, I become the following error message:

"PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6413:TYPE=unassigned message type::Change Audit process not running.

Probable Cause

PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6414:TYPE=unassigned message type::The Change Audit process has to be running to do the operation.

Recommended Action

Start the Change Audit process."

Obviously I checked the service, who is running and I also tried to restart it, but it doesn't solved the problem.

I read somewhere that the cause of this problem could be the language incompatibility between the OS and the application, and in my case the OS (WinXP) is in Italian ... but I doesn't found anywhere an official Cisco response for that. So I'm searching an official confirmation before to reinstall the whole system.

1 Reply 1

frankzehrer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Giovanni,

please check the Install Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2408/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00801bc978.html#wp1014217

Have a look at the System Software section under System Requirements:

•Windows 2003 Server (Standard Edition) with Service Pack 13

•Windows 2003 Server (Standard and Enterprise Edition) 3.

•Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 4 3.

•Windows 2000 Professional and Server with Service Pack 3.

•ODBC Driver Manager 3.5.10.

CiscoWorks SNMS 1.5 and 1.5.1 support only US-English and Japanese versions of Windows Operating Systems. It does not support any other language version. Set the default locale to US-English for US-English version and Japanese for Japanese version.

A costumer of mine had some similiar problems with a german and spanish version. The problem was resolved with the installation of the english Windows version.

Hope that answers your question.

Best regards,

Frank