cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Database Error in Ciscoworks

microtechusa1
Level 1
Level 1

In Device Fault Manager, if I go to Alerts and Activities/Notification Services - and click on Email notification I get an error message that pops up that says - Database Error - Cannot Process Your Request - Problem with File /WEB-INF/screens/Notification/NewEmailSubscription.jsp!!!Cannot find bean NewSubscription in scope null. Has anyone else ran into this?

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post the output of the pdshow command. What version of DFM is this?

It's version 2.0.3. Where do you input the pdshow command in ciscoworks? Thank you!

On the server's command line.

I added the results of the pdshow command in the attachment - pdshow.rtf

You do have some DFM database issues. Try the following. Shutdown Daemon Manager, then run the following commands from the server command line:

del /f NMSROOT\databases\dfmEpm\dfmEpm.log

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv9 -f NMSROOT\databases\dfmEpm\dfmEpm.db

Note: NMSROOT is the path into which LMS is installed (e.g. C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx).

After running these commands, restart Daemon Manager, and see if the problem is fixed.

I was able to delete the log file, but when running the 2nd command NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv9 -f NMSROOT\databases\dfmEpm\dfmEpm.db , I keep getting an error (not recognized as command). What does that command do? I was wondering if I should just copy a file from one location to the other and than execute it.

What is the exact error you get running the dbsrv9 command? Is LMS installed on Windows?

the command itself just isn't valid syntax, its not executing. When i type in the command it says -

'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

You have to use the DOS 8.3 file names. If LMS is installed in C:\Program Files\CSCOpx, then use:

C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\objects\db\win32\dbsrv9 -f C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\databases\dfmEpm/dfmEpm.db

Sweet! It worked! I can open up Email Notification again! Sorry for the misunderstanding about the dos comamnds. Anyways, just in case it happens again, what would cause something like that to happen? Or is there any way to prevent it? Thanks!

The most common cause of this problem is a power failure on the server. If you properly shutdown Daemon Manager before rebooting the server, this problem should not happen.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: