Views
Helpful
Replies

DCNM Discovery

eagles-nest
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm having issues with DCNM discovering some Nexus 7K's.  Shallow discovery seems fine.  I enter the Nexus and its snmpv3 credentials in

DCNM> Admin>Data Sources>LAN

I enter the device as a single device in a switch list and it finds it as manageable.  I select the device and it goes into Discovering.

Sometimes it completes this part and allows me to go to Deep discovery.  Other times I get snmp timeout messages.  I have had it complete a deep discovery and show up on my topology map only for it to disappear a day later again with snmp timeout errors.  I've confirmed the snmpv3 credentials work with a 3rd party MIB browser which lets me test credentials and all is ok with them.

My first question is

The DCNM server seems to have an incorrect time.  Is this a possible issue ? If so how do I set the time ?  I've looked all over the GUI and can't find any place to set it.  Is it taken from the VM platform or is it set independently ?

Are there any other issues that may cause discovery problems ?

Thanks, Stuart.

3 Replies 3

eagles-nest
Level 1
Level 1

Further troubleshooting has led me to put a capture on the Nexus to see if that sheds any light on what's going on.  I get the following output from the capture.

172.31.1.1 -> 172.30.1.1     SNMP Source port: 59596  Destination port: snmp[Malformed Packet]

That's from the DCNM server to the Nexus.

Stuart

I have the same issue.

Shallow discovery of Nexus 7k VDC randomly goes down with "Discovery timeout"  snmp error.

After rediscovery everything ok for a couple of minutes but then "Discovery timeout" appears again.

Waiting for relevant answer.

Thanks, Daniil.

Hello,

did you solve that? thanks.