Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

dcnm san client

Hi All

3 questions:

1) I just downloaded the dcnm client for LAN ... is there a seperate client for SAN ? I dont see any download links for SAN...

2) Is it possible to add brocade switches to DCNM-SAN? Does it require additional licenses?

3) Can we use the fabric manager license "N5000FMS1k9" for DCNM SAN, or do we need "DCNM-SAN-N5K-K9" license for the nexus 5000?

Thanks in advance

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY

dcnm san client

This can be closed.

I got all answers... For the benefit of others who are searching answers for the same question:

1) I just downloaded the dcnm client for LAN ... is there a seperate client for SAN ? I dont see any download links for SAN...  --- Yes .. DCNM SAN has a seperate client. After installation, you can open the DCNM page on http, and you would find the download links on top right corner for DCNM-LAN, SAN and device manager.

2) Is it possible to add brocade switches to DCNM-SAN? Does it require additional licenses? - I dont think this is possible

3) Can we use the fabric manager license "N5000FMS1k9" for DCNM SAN, or do we need "DCNM-SAN-N5K-K9" license for the nexus 5000? - Yes.. Use the same license and generate the PAK file. FMS licenses do work in DCNM-SAN..

Good luck

Views
Helpful
Replies