cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DCR is not able to discover MSFCs (which is discovered previously)

jeeyishyuan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert,

I am now facing a problem to discover MSFCs in a few different campus LANs. Those MSFCs are initially discovered (for the first few discoveries upon successful LMS server installation).

However, they are no longer in neither the Reachable list nor the Unreachable list followed by the subsequent discoveries.

A debugging CSDiscovery.log while using ping sweep to discover one of the MSFC IP addresses is posted here.

From the log, I noticed that the device is discarded upon DCR getting the sysName and object ID. Not sure if this is the key problem. Please advice. Thank you very much!

Regards

Yi Shyuan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Again, check the credentials for the MSFC in DCR (under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management). Reenter them to make sure they are correct.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jeeyishyuan
Level 1
Level 1

At the same time, it can also be noticed that the DCR Display name is the IP Address of the device. Even though Global setting is set to display Host Name in DCR and preferred management IP Address is the SysName, it seems like DCR can only display the IP Address in Device management.

Regards,

Yi Shyuan

No. This is dependent on the IP address being reverse resolvable in DNS or the server's local hosts file. Verify that 10.71.137.253 is resolvable to a hostname.

As for the Discovery, it looks okay in this log. As with your 6500, make sure the credentials in DCR are still correct for this MSFC. Also, review your Discovery filters to make sure they still allow this MSFC to be discovered.

Since DNS servers in the LANs are not updated and not synchronize among themselves, I suspect the IP address is not resolvable to a hostname.

However, there is not IP Address is excluded in the filter when discovery is done for the MSFC IP Address.

Again, check the credentials for the MSFC in DCR (under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management). Reenter them to make sure they are correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: