cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DCR Server Error

stesarova
Level 1
Level 1

After launching window CommonServices -> Device Credentials -> Device Management is appeared following error:

"Error in communicating with Group Administration Server.

It may be down or not yet up. Please make sure that the Group Administration Server is up and running, then refresh the page."

I have checked running processes: CMFOGSServer has status: Failed to run

Do you have any idea, what to do?

thanks

sarka

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the CMFOGSServer.log. Possible causes include CMF database corruption, hostname changes, SSL certificate problems, or lack of memory on the server.

I have checked CMFOGSServer.log and it is empty. Database CMF is OK, because i am able to connect there by html dbreader interface.

Hostname is the same always.

I've had this problem once.

Ciscoworks managed to invalidate the certificate. No idea how thought.

After recreating the certificate, no changes,

http://cw1:1741/cwhp/classic.selfsign.do

everything worked again.

Cheers,

Michel

Then try regenerating the SSL certificate. If that does not work, check the status of DCRServer and EssMonitor. Those processes must be running successfully in order for CMFOGSServer to start. Again, check the server memory. You MUST have at least 2 GB of physical RAM and 4 GB of swap for the applications TO START. This is without any devices any DCR.

Finally, if you are unable to get CMFOGSServer to start, OGS debugging needs to be enabled. This process takes some explaining, and is best done with the help of TAC.

I have asked the help in TAC.

Thank you.

Hi There,

Please share the outcomes of your TAC case, i'm experiencing more or less the same challenge as you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: