Views
Helpful
Replies

DCRDevicePoll never started

hlichiere
Level 1
Level 1

LMS 3.2 is running on Solaris 10.

Is what somebody knows why the process DCRDevicePoll is never started after a LMS stop/start. I must restart it manually.

thanks for your suggestions

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is perfectly normal for this process to be Never started.  This process is only started if you've configured the DCR reachability polling feature under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Admin > Device Polling.  You should never try and start this process manually.

OK, but in my case, the DCR polling is configured to run daily. The job ID remains the same. I don't know wky it does not start automatically with each restart.

The process should come up only when the poller is configured to run, and not when Daemon Manager is restarted.  Is the process not starting when it's scheduled?  If not, post the DCRDevicePoll.log.

Hi Jclarke,

I confirm the DCRDevicePoll is scheduled to run daily at 00:05.

You can see in the log file the Polling is running on th 17 and stop at 00:10:43

We have restarted the LMS 3.2 in the morning. We had not seen that the DCRDevicePoll had not started. That is why it didn't run on 18/19 at 00:05.

We started it manually on 19 at 14:59.

Sorry, but i can't stop LMS to have better log.

Regards

DCRDevicePoll does NOT start automatically when you restart Daemon Manager.  Instead, it is started when the device polling job starts.  If that job is not running, then something must have happened with JRM  Post the directory associated with the DCR Device Polling job.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: