cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Debug Result on Telnet Session

imranraheel
Level 1
Level 1

Is theer any posibility to receive the debug result on telnet session. I have heard that you can have debug result on console only but my router is on the remote side.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to monitor the current VTY with the following command from EXEC mode (i.e. NOT config mode):

terminal monitor

This assumes that you are logging to monitored sessions (this is the default), so check your config and make sure you do not see:

no logging monitor

Or make sure you do not see "logging monitor" with a severity other than debug. If you do not see any logging monitor line in the config, then simply running terminal monitor will cause debug messages to be printed to the current VTY line.

When ever I got to router it autmoatically logs on to config mode

Config mode, or enable mode? I highly doubt you log directly into config mode. I'm betting, the prompt looks like:

Router#

That is, the prompt ends with a '#'. If you were in config mode, then you'd get:

Router(config)#

If you DO get into config mode automatically, just type "exit", then you can perform the terminal monitor command.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: