Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Detailed Device Report Output

What would cause "Interface Description" to be populated with: FastEthernet0/0 User configured description: fa0/0 1 bg-nb-r1 NORTEL FE).1, in the "Processor Port Interfaces" section of the Detailed Device Report and the very next interface fa0/1, not show any results when an interface description has been defined, shows only FastEthernet0/1?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Detailed Device Report Output

RME 4.1.1 is part of LMS 3.0.1. RME 4.2 (where the fix exists) is part of LMS 3.1.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

This sounds like my bug, CSCsm31447.

Symptom:

The Interface Description for certain interfaces may have the wrong user-configured value, or no user-configured value at all. This can be seen in the inventory reports in Resource Manager Essentials which show interface details (e.g. the Detailed Device Report).

Conditions:

This will occur for devices which have ports that have descriptions that end in a number. If the number at the very end of the description is not the same as ifIndex, then the RME reports will not accurately reflect that description.

Workaround:

There is no workaround.

Will this be fixed in the next release?

Cisco Employee

It is fixed in RME 4.2 now. I have also written a patch for RME 4.1.1.

On this system, I am currently on rme version 4.0.6...is there a migration path to get to 4.1.1? Or is that a LMS 3.0 version?

Cisco Employee

RME 4.1.1 is part of LMS 3.0.1. RME 4.2 (where the fix exists) is part of LMS 3.1.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content