Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Determine when a port was last used

We have 8 stacks of Catalyst 3750 switches located in a remote office. Is there any easy way to determine what ports have never been used or that have not been used for a long period of time.

• Network Management
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Determine when a port was last used

If you have Ciscoworks, the User Tracking tool does this for you. There is a canned report with the latest version designed just for this purpose. See http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/camp_mgr/camp_4x/cmgr_403/u_guide/ut.htm#wp1280599

Thanks,

Are you refering to the Port usage report "Unused Ports Up"

I took a look at the definition for that report. The definition and it seemed a little cryptic to me.The definition states

"Campus Manager generates report for administratively up ports, which are not connected to any device or end host after the last User Tracking Acquisition"

Does that report indicate that the port has not been used since the last boot? or just since the last Acquisiton. Right now I am performing the acquisition every day. My question is, does that mean it has not been used since the last boot or it has not been used since the last acquisition (24 hours ago)?

Cisco Employee

If you look at the ifLastChange field in a Detailed Device Report of RME you will something like this. It will show you the last status change on a port, up or down.

Views
Helpful
Replies