Views
Helpful
Replies

Device appear as ? in topology service

kanokpan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have new devices add and when i view by topology service, they appear as a green box with ? instead of the switch picture. Those device are 2960 and I already install the latest device package. These device can be view by Ciscoview correctly. I don't know why ciscowork detect them as device unknown. Please advice how to solve it.

Thanks,

Regards,

jan

2 Replies 2

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

Its most likely that theres something interrupting the gathering of data from those new devices. I'd check IP connectivity, SNMP community strings, and ensure that your data collection jobs' ranges include the new devices.

if they are on the topo map with a question mark they also should be listed in the tree on the right side with their sysObjectID rather then the procuct name. If that is the fact your are missing the correct device package for Campus. I assume you have updated the dev pkgs only for Cisco View. To update Campus you should first check if you have the actual MDF pkg in Common Services (CiscoWorks Server) and then update Campus according to the the readme for the patch. With a CCO login you can get the updates here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-campus

also update the other apps to get full support for the device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: