Views
Helpful
Replies

Device configs in the shadow directory

getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

RME 3.5 -

When a device gets removed from RME, shouldn't the configs be removed as well? Specifically the config files in the shadow directory.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not that I know of.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

One would think they should, but they don't get removed :(

That's crazy!!

I wander what the thought process was for keeping those around?

Is there a script that has been written that can be executed to do this?

Not that I know of.

I'm assuming database records of a device(s) is removed when a device is deleted from RME; or are they?

So what all actually does get removed when a device is deleted from RME?

If I were to get a script together that somehow did a find, compare and rm of files in the /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/archive and down directories, what kind of problems would or could this create.

Is there anyway to get development to do something like this?

I stand corrected. I just tested this with RME 3.5 IDU 10.0 on Windows.

I deleted two devices from inventory, and as soon as they made it into Suspended state, the .cfg were gone from the shadow directory.

Unfortunately I do not have access to a Solaris box to perform the same test.

The 3 RME servers we have are running 3.5 and currently IDU 11; they will soon go to 13. It sounds like the configs may be getting removed now as devices are deleted. I will need to run some tests tomorrow to see if this does in fact occur. I'm assuming it will......

Maybe the configs I saw in the ../archive/shadow directory are old configs back when the applications were running IDU 9 or even pre IDU 9.

If this is the case, I will need to do some house keeping to try to clean this up.