cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Deleted but still shows in RME Database

stephenscott
Level 1
Level 1

I have a device that I have deleted, but it still shows up in the RME failed devices report each day. If I click on the device to open it in Device Center, I get an error that states "Failed to resolve 'G**C Internet Switch (x.x.x.x)' I removed the IP address as it is a public address. It's like it still exists somewhere in a database.

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this server integrated with ACS?

Yes

Then the device is probably showing up in the Common Services > Device and Credentials > Reports > Devices not in ACS report. If so, you will have to either add this device as a network client to ACS server, or temporarily break ACS integration, clean up DCR, then re-enable ACS integration.

Yes it is. I can not add the device to the ACS server as there is no route from the external public address to the ACS server which is private. I imported the devices from Orion NMS and the software can see that address but CW can not by nature of topology. I am afraid to break ACS integration...it took me 4 hours to get it working. Ugh! ;) Are there procedures to do this published anywhere?

The device doesn't have to be reachable from the ACS server. The device doesn't even have to be configured to use the ACS server. The device just needs to be in the ACS database so LMS knows it is authorized to manage the device. This course of action would be easiest.

To break ACS integration, shutdown Daemon Manager, and run:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/ResetLoginModule.pl

Restart Daemon Manager. After you have cleaned up DCR, re-enable ACS integration in the GUI. All of your previous settings will still be there. DO NOT check the box to register applications with ACS.

After re-enabling ACS integration, restart Daemon Manager.

I am looking for the easiest COA. How do I add the device to the ACS database and let LMS know it is authorized to manage the device? Thanks Joe.

Go to Network Configuration in ACS, and add this device to the same NDG as your other LMS-managed devices. Restart ACS. Logout of LMS, and log back in. The device should show up in DCR allowing you to delete it. Once it's been purged from LMS, you can delete it from ACS.

I am not using NDG in ACS. I have an AAA group that has all of my subnets defined. Should I create an NDG for this one device?

No, just add this device to the existing AAA group.

Thanks Joe. That was it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco