Views
Helpful
Replies

Device deleted in Campus Manager.

sathappan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have LMS 2.5.1. And I deleted a device that was showing not reachable in Topology map of Device manager. Now I am not able to get that device in device manager, but the device exists in RME, Ciscoview , DFM.

can anyone tell how to rectify this problem

sathappan.s

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If a device has been deleted from Campus Manager, but it is still in DCR, then a full Data Collection should get it to return to the Topology Map. If, however, the device is no longer a CDP neighbor of any other device, it may show up under the Unconnected View instead of the Layer 2 View.

No even after running the full data collection, it is not returning and it is also not in the unconnected view

Then check to make sure the device is not excluded from the Data Collection filters under Campus Manager > Administration > Campus Data Collection > Data Collection Filters. If the device is not excluded, then you will need to enable core and corex Data Collection debugging and provide the log. Given that this may be a large debug, and may contain sensitive information, you may want to open a TAC Service Request instead of posting it to a public forum.

it is not excluded in data collection filters, but when we log in as other user with admin rights, it is showing as unconnected. how we can correct this device showing unconnnected.

For a device to be connected on the Topology Map, another device must have this device as its CDP neighbor. So first check the device in question's CDP neighbor table (show cdp nei), and make sure it has at least one neighbor. Then make sure that device is on the topology map, and not filtered. Then, connect to that device, and check its CDP table, and make sure it has the other device.

Hi,

In connection with our discussion, I have the same problem (device deleted) in one of the site. in this I tried everything by logging in as other user and trying to run once again run the campus data collection. everything cannot discover the device.

But I found in the device center, the device which is missing in the campus manager has no CDP NEIGHBORs. but other deives which are found in the Device manager have CDP neighbors in the DEvice centre.

when we telnet or run a show cdp neighbors command , even the deleted device show its cdp neighbors.

can you get my problem?

sathappan.s

How are you seeing the device in Device Center? that is, are you selecting the device from the device selector, or are you typing in its address/hostname manually? If the latter, it could be that this device is no longer in DCR, and thus Data Collection will not pick it up. In that case, you should run another Device Discovery (making sure the device in question is not filtered out).

If the device is in DCR, and will not show up in Data Collection, then you need to enable core and corex Data Collection debugging. From there it would be a good idea to open a TAC Service Request, and provide the ani.log.

I need to have an idea, for the core and corex data collection whether we have to select that particular Ip only?. what the core and corex data collection will do?

sathappan.s

It is not necessary to debug for only one IP address. In fact, it may be better in this case to debug for all devices. core and corex are two Data Collection modules that cover device identity, device inventory, and CDP neighbor information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: