cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Discovery Issue

Paul Williams
Level 1
Level 1

This is a bit strange and I am hoping that someone has seen this before. The Device Discovery in our LMS install has stopped working. The discovery.log file output is below..

2007/08/31 10:55:24 main MESSAGE DiscoveryMain: Properties will be read from D:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi\DiscoveryStatus.properties

2007/08/31 10:55:24 main MESSAGE DiscoveryMain: Properties will be read from D:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi\DiscoveryStatus.properties

2007/08/31 10:55:24 main FATAL ERROR ServiceModule: undefined property: ServiceModuleList

I read a while ago about discovery stopping if there were more than 200 seed devices, but our LMS installation only has 175 seed devices.

Any ideas and all help gratefully received.

2 Replies 2

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you try the following:

Please go to d:\progra~1\CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi directory.

Do a backup of DeviceDiscovery.properties file (rename it to DeviceDiscovery.properties.bak)

Copy the DeviceDiscovery.properties.orig and rename it to DeviceDiscovery.properties in the same loation.

Add the following to the file:

DEVICESROOT=D:\\PROGRA~1\\CSCOpx\\campus\\lib\\classpath

(Please note that DEVICESROOT= may be present in the file so you may

replace that line.)

Restart the daemon manager.

Re-add the seed device and SNMP credentials.

Davistan - thanks for the help - stupidly enough I posted this exact same query (which you replied to then as well) in February when I had the same issue. What I had forgotten is the fact that I recently rebuilt the server and had forgot to take the above into account after the rebuild.

I found the old reply, applied the suggested fix from yourself and all is well and working.

Thansk for taking the time to help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: