Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Device Discovery Issue

Hi,

I am running LMS 2.6 and whenever I start Device Discovery in Campus Manager the job immediately fails.

The Device Discovery log file shows the following:

Debug enabled for package com.cisco.nm.ani.server.devdiscovery

Trace enabled for package com.cisco.nm.ani.server.devdiscovery

Trace enabled for package com.cisco.nm.ani.server.devdiscovery

MESSAGE DiscoveryMain: Properties will be read from D:\CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi\DiscoveryStatus.properties

DiscoveryMain: file name is D:\CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi\DiscoveryStatus.properties

MESSAGE DiscoveryMain: Properties will be read from D:\CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi\DiscoveryStatus.properties

DiscoveryMain: Loading mib values...complete

DiscoveryMain: Loading communities values...complete

FATAL ERROR ServiceModule: undefined property: ServiceModuleList

I have attached my devicediscovery.properties file.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Grant

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Device Discovery Issue

This file is corrupt. You should have a DeviceDiscovery.properties.orig under D:\CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi. Copy this file to DeviceDiscovery.properties, and edit it changing the value of DEVICESROOT to D:\CSCOpx\campus\lib\classpath. You should then be able to fill out the rest of your Discovery settings via the GUI. Once you have re-customized Discovery, it should run correctly.

Hi,

There was no .orig file however I found a similar fault where you provided a new devicediscovery.properties file.

I have modified that file (attached) but again Device Discovery fails with the following log message:

2006/12/12 13:05:16 main MESSAGE DiscoveryMain: Properties will be read from D:\CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi\DiscoveryStatus.properties

2006/12/12 13:05:16 main MESSAGE DiscoveryMain: Properties will be read from D:\CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi\DiscoveryStatus.properties

2006/12/12 13:05:17 main MESSAGE DBConnection: Created new Database connection [hashCode = 6240509]

2006/12/12 13:05:17 main ERROR SMFFactoryLoader: java.lang.NullPointerException

2006/12/12 13:05:17 main ERROR DiscoveryMain: AniStaticConfigException: Error accessing devices--root path d:CSCOpxcampuslibclasspath, packageName com.cisco.nm.ani.server.devices

Cisco Employee

To preserve the '\' in the path, you need to double up on the delimiter. So, D:\\CSCOpx\\campus\\lib\\classpath will do it.

Views
Helpful
Replies