Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Identity - DCR

tech_trac
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

When I add a device to the DCR, I have noticed that the IP changes by itself from the given to some other interface of the device. Is this normal.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This can happen if you are running Discovery, and you have selected a management IP address resolution scheme which produces an address different than the one in DCR. So, the short answer is, yes, probably.

Would the usage of unintended/different IPs of the same device cause any unexpected results across various functionalities of LMS or it doesn't matter.

It shouldn't matter as long as LMS can reach the designated management IP address.

I would like to disable discovery and ensure that only the manually entered IP is used for the devices in LMS applications. How can I do that.

I believe the IPs entered in CiscoWorks will also reflect across other modules. Please confirm.

You can simply go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Discovery, and disable all of the scheduled Discoveries. Discovery will then only run if manually started.

Yes, all applications will share the identity attributes in DCR.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: