Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Device Manager problem

Hello,

i had problem with Device Manager that i was not opening because of new Java version . I solved this by installing older version. Alright, all worked, but now i have another problem.

When internet is connected, all is alright, and DM is normally swtiching on, but in case when provider switches off internet so there is no internet in the network, DM just won't open :(. Very strangy thing is, that when i connected to the internet on PC using mobile phone connection, so there were internet access on PC, DM normally switched on! It is strangy as it sounds, no internet access = no DM access.

Need to solve this because we need to change outside IP interface in the cisco router (PIX 501 by the way), cause of new connection provided by ISP, but when i change IP in the DM, and click apply, DM just freeze and hard kill is needed, after rebooting, IP is still old, not new one :/.

Anybody can help with this? Is new fersion of DM solving this? Thanks for help

Allen

EDIT: so, tryed again from another PC, and changed IP, internet is now working as it should, but second struggle still remains - when no internet in the network, PDM remains unnaccessible, can't get reason for this ...

1 REPLY

Re: Device Manager problem

Try using Netscape browser. There seems to a known bug when using Internet Explorer browser for launching PDM.

Views
Helpful
Replies