cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Name and HostName in CampusManager

fbellom
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using an eval version of LMS 2.5 with SP 2 deploy over it.

I´ve trying to populate Device database but I can´t find that device names or host names been showed on device detail report.

In further research of problem, I found an SQL Query that run when I start device discovery process, I think that this Query has a wrong syntax, because it only put IP Address in fields of host name and device name. This query can be read on discovery.log

Because of this I made a custom SQL query (UPDATE "cwsiSA"."EmbuDeviceUnit" set deviceName='SW_Petrxxxx' where ipAddress ='1x.1x.1x.2x') and open a Sybase Anywhere Client and run against EmbuDeviceUnit table into aniDb Database, and device report list got both host name and device name, but when the Device Discovery schedule process ran I lost devices name again.

I think this is a bug on Campus Manager, isn't it?

2 Replies 2

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

If your LMS 2.5 is running on Windows 2003, then this could be bug id CSCsa78413:

Hostname resolution does not work on Windows 2003

No my LMS is running over a Windows 2000 with SP4 and I apply SP2 to all LMS bundle, but I'm receiving the same behavior

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: