cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

device not discovered

raindrop18
Level 1
Level 1

I have very important  Cisco 2801 (revision 7.0) router and never discover by CW. when I log to the devices I can see the neighbor and alos when i log to the neighbor device also I can see this device as neighbor. also all the switches attached to this router also discovered by CW. when I checked on device center to this device also did not seen as neighbor. simply there is no recored as device or as neighbor about this device. the device not filtered out on discovery either. any suggestion...? how I can troubleshooting. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can do this using the SNMP Walk tool in Device Center.  Just specify "cdpCacheTable" as the starting OID.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can walk the cdpCacheTable on the device (and its neighbors) to verify CDP is correct from an SNMP standpoint.  If it's Discovery that cannot find the device, make sure you have configured Discovery's hop counts to allow this device to be picked up.  You might try starting a sniffer trace filtering on SNMP traffic to the device and its neighbors, then run a Discovery to see what Discovery polls on these devices.

could you please tell me how I can do these things.

You can walk the cdpCacheTable on the device (and its neighbors) to verify CDP is correct from an SNMP standpoint. regarding hop counts, I am using all DCR devices as seed device so no hop limitation. Thanks again for your time

1st -

You can do this using the SNMP Walk tool in Device Center.  Just specify "cdpCacheTable" as the starting OID.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: