Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Selector empty in Mini Rmon

Nigel Bowden
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I am using LMS 2.6 on Windows (CS 3.0.5, CM 4.0.8, Cview 6.1.5, DFM 2.0.8, IPM 2.6.0, RME 4.0.5).

The device selector in Mini RMON is empty - the device groups appear, but no devices are shown in the groups.

It is fine in CiscoView and all other apps...anyone seen this or have any suggestions?

Thanks

Nigel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, they are supported. Check the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and NMSROOT/objects/dmgt/cv.log for any errors when opening miniRMON. Also, make sure you have the latest version of the miniRMON CiscoView package installed (should be 2.3), and make sure that you have NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/CVng/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/cvw/devpkgs/miniRMON.zip, and NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/pkgs/cvw/miniRMON*.zip. These two files must be identical.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If devices do not appear in the miniRMON device selector, but they appear everywhere else, then you do not have any devices in your network that are supported by the miniRMON tool.

Hi,

I have 2950's, 3550's, 3560's, 6500's...

I'm sure they are supported, as I've used it with some of those switches on other sites.

Nigel.

Yes, they are supported. Check the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and NMSROOT/objects/dmgt/cv.log for any errors when opening miniRMON. Also, make sure you have the latest version of the miniRMON CiscoView package installed (should be 2.3), and make sure that you have NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/CVng/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/cvw/devpkgs/miniRMON.zip, and NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/pkgs/cvw/miniRMON*.zip. These two files must be identical.

Hey, the miniRMon*.zip package files were missing. I installed them and it all works fine now. Thanks very much !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: