Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Type in Cisco Prime LMS Not Available

Alhafiz Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Expert

I have some problem regarding about certain device type in Cisco Prime LMS inventory not available. I am using Cisco Prime LMS version 4.2.0. I have Nexus 7004 will be need to add in Cisco Prime LMS for monitoring but the model was not available as per attach screenshot. When i want to choose device type it only have nexus 7000 10, 18 and 9 slot instead of 4 slot. Really appreciate your advise

15 Replies 15

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Alhafiz,

Please do following :

1. Dont add the device with selecting device type, leave it blank and once you add, please run the inventory collection and see the device becomes known to LMS.

2. Do a SNMPWALK on device for object sysObjectID and share the output.

3. Make sure all the devices packages are installed for Inventory and configuration management and you update the latest mdf package to have all new devices defination.

-Thanks
Vinod
**Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi Vinod

I already update all the device package but its still not update the device type. I also already run the device collection but still not appear.

As requested, please do a snmpwalk on device for # sysObjectID and share the output.

Try to run a Inventory job for the device and share the result screenshot and IC_Server.log. What is the OS of the LMS server? Windows, unix or Virtual appliance?

-Thanks
Vinod
**Support Contributors. RATE them. **

Alhafiz Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

May i have your advise how can i do snmpwalk and how can i run the inventory job? The server we had run Windows 2008 R2

There are two ways to do it :

1. GUI - Open the device in Device Centre (Inventory > Tools > Device Center) and open the device with IP and from tools select snmpwalk and do it for sysObjectID (1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2).

2. CLI : CD to NMSROOT/objects/jt/bin from command prompt. run command as per following syntax:

snmpwalk -v2c -c <snmp_community_string> 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2

Example :

community string = test123

IP = 10.1.1.1

snmpwalk -v2c -c test123 10.1.1.1 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2

-Thanks

Vinod

Alhafiz Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vinod

Thanks for the guide line. Attach the screenshot

Alhafiz,

Thanks for detail. I would need more details. On this page on right side you have three ooptions - Tools, Tasks and Reports.

Please select SNMP walk from tools and do a walk on OID # 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2 and share the result.

Also share the result of inventory job for this device. You can launch invenotry collection job from this screen under Tasks option.

Pleas confirm if this is admin VDC or non-admin VDC which you have added?

-Thanks
Vinod

Alhafiz Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vinod

This is VDC. I already run the SNMP walk. Attach the screenshot

Though Nexus 7004 is supported from LMS 4.2.2 onwards, but it is in a restricted support :

The following features are supported:

• Fault Management
  • Network Topology Layer 2 Services

The following features are not supported:

• Inventory Collection , User Tracking, VLAN Management, VRF Lite, LANE Management
  • Configuration Deploy Protocols: HTTPS, SCP, RCP, TELNET, TFTP, SSH
  • Configuration Fetch Protocols: HTTPS, SCP, RCP, TELNET, TFTP, SSH
  • Software Distribution by: Advanced flow, Image, Remote Staging
  • Software Repository Synchronization
  • CiscoView
  • Software Image Types for Distribution: System Software, Bootloader
  • Software Images Import from: Cisco.com, Device, File System, Network, URL
  • Upgrade Analysis from: Cisco.com, Repository
  • Software Image Import Connection Protocols: SNMP
  • Software Image Import Transfer Protocols: TFTP,  TELNET
  • Software Image Distribution Transfer Protocols: TFTP, TELNET
  • Software Image Distribution Connection Protocols: SNMP

If this is not working, it is only that the essential device package seems to be missing. please do the following :

1. Download all device packages available for LMS server :

Step 1: Open command prompt on server.

Step 2: Run following cli command :

psucli -p rme,cmf,dfm,cvw,upm,cm -download -dst C:\test_download -all

**Created test_download dir or name some existing.

Step 2: Check the downloaded files, if they are in diffrent folders inside download dir, copy all of them to a common folder and run this command :

psucli -p rme,cmf,dfm,cvw,upm,cm -install -src D:\test_download -all

**use directory you downloaded packages to

Step 4: Check the device if it shows nexus 7004 information or not.

Share results.

-Thanks

Vinod

Alhafiz Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vinod

I already downloaded all the file by using given command. Regarding on step 2. You've mentioned COPY ALL OF THEM TO A COMMON FOLDER. May i know what common folder are you reffering?

Alhafiz Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vinod

I already get how to apply. Attach is the result. Its showing no package to install. Then i checked the device type its still no change. The nexus 7004 model not showing up

Alhafiz,

I was checking my server which is LMS 4.2.4, and it has Device package for Nexus version 9.0 and you have 9.2, so it seems strange how your device is missing.

Also, I have mdf (responsible for device's icon) version 1.77 and you have version 1.87.

Please check your device package, by clicking on the number of packages in front of Inventory, conifg and image management from :

Admin > System > Software Center > Device Update

Also, check device identity under edit identity option from :

Inventory > Device Administration > Add / Import / Manage Devices

Check my screenshots for details :

Device_update.png

Device_update.png

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE them. **

Alhafiz Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vinod

I already check in the device identity there are no showing up the Cisco Nexus 7004 model as per screen shot. I had try to update but its show up no device package to update as per screenshot. I check the Device Type count mine only have 891 and you have 942.

I also try to download by using selecting path with extract and not extract but still showing up no device package to update.

Ideally the icon and nexus details in device identity you're missing is installed by mdf package.

The device details are saved in #

CSCOpx\lib\classpath\com\cisco\nm\cwcs\mdf\mdf\mdfdata.xml

I have the entry for nexus 7000 4-slot device and its sysObjectID # 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.3.1147.

Please open it and check if you find it, if not, share your file, i would like to have a look once.

-Thanks
Vinod

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco