Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Type : Unknown in Device Center Home

Hi all,

I am trying to deploy LMS 3.2 in a client, but it receives the following error: On the Device center it shows Device Type as Unknown:

The funny thing is that both devices (2) are shown OK in Chassis View but in Device Center it displays them as unknown.

Please inform me if you need anything else to post.

TIA, Nicos Nicolaides
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry, I missed your response.  As Svetlana said, go to RME > Devices > Inventory > Inventory Collection Jobs and run a new Inventory Collection for this switch.  I'm betting it will fail.  When it does, post the IC_Server.log.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the device type specifically?  What is its sysObjectID?

Hi, sorry for the delay,

It is a 3550 switch and the SysID is

Also find attached some screenshots.

TIA, Nicos Nicolaides

Anyone? It is a bit urgent you know

TIA, Nicos Nicolaides

Just run an Inventory collection for this device ;-)

Sorry, I missed your response.  As Svetlana said, go to RME > Devices > Inventory > Inventory Collection Jobs and run a new Inventory Collection for this switch.  I'm betting it will fail.  When it does, post the IC_Server.log.

OK, thanks for the reply. One more thing though; i have 2 6500 switches which they use HSRP and have the same cards installed in the same locations (2x sup. 1 FWSM module, 1 IPS module and some ports). The thing is that it sees one switch in LMS and the other one is seen as unknown.Maybe it is because the SVI is on HSRP. i will try to remove it and let u know.

TIA, Nicos Nicolaides